- Can I use Dropbox to keep data synchronized between 2 PC?
- Can I run the Break and Run contest as a separate standalone event?
- Can I customize the NAPA Handicap Table?
- Where's the link to download the Round-Robin background images-collection?
- What's the best Round-Robin Points Ranking Stats for rewarding "Team effort"?
- Text messaging returns a "FAILED" message.
- What if I don't know the carrier, can I still send text from Ingenpool?
- I am unable to open or view the Help .chm file downloaded from Budtour.com
- Where did the Race Adjustment go?
- Can I run multiple brackets at the same time?
- How can I change a player Alias?
- Will this software be available for Mac in the future?
- Can the handicap rating range be modified?
- Is there any way to increase the font size on the bracket?
- How do I re-install and copy my data to a new computer?
- Can we insert player's picture in the local database?
- Can we buy credits in V3.0 instead of a full registration?
- How can I set a custom background behind the brackets
- How do I change the payouts for the Calcutta?
- How do I import my data to 3.0 from 2.3?
- How do I display the master database in alphabetical order?
- Why a membership for access to the advanced features?
- How do I register IngenPool?
- I downloaded the software but I cannot get it to run. The licence pops up, but won't go away, and there is nothing to click on to make it go away?
- How can I add notes to tournament scorecards?
- How can I save the bracket as a file instead of a printed hard copy?
- What causes the following error: "Unable to find an entry point named 'AddFontMemResourceEX'"?
- What causes the following error: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)"?
- Is the APA modified bracket available in Ingenpool?
- How can I compile season's participation in order to qualify players for a year-end tournaments?
- How can I restart a tournament from scratch?
- Ingenpool is returning consecutive errors preventing normal usage, what can I try?
- What kind of set-up do I need to view 128 players bracket on screen without scrolling?
Yes. Watch our video "Sharing Data" for information on connecting to an alternate data path. Note that Ingenpool uses dynamic-saving in order to protect your data from hardware and/or power failure. This system triggers ""DROPBOX®"" to sync every time a change occurs in your tournament, which can lead to excessive bandwidth usage. It is strongly recommended to pause syncing during your Ingenpool session, and resume syncing after shutting down the session (reminders will pop-up when Dropbox is in use (ID "J" and above)). This ensures that all data remain synchronized between PC, while preventing excessive syncing processing.
Yes, proceed as follow (Version 22.214.171.124 and up);
- 1- Create a regular event, open to individual. Let's call it "BreakNRun" for this example. The brackets will never be created, and it will be used week after week to manage the BreaknRun contest. Fill in the date of the next contest (section-1), leave all entry fee at 0 in section-5. and select "Yes" at Break and Run (section-8), to reveal the managing buttons at the middle-center. The remaining options are irrelevant since the draw will never take place, so select "No Handicap", "No Calcutta", "Random", etc..
- 2- Still in section-8; fill-in Ticket-cost, # of tickets draw, and enter the left-over pot from last week in "Starting Pot". Notice the "Money-bag" icon to the left of the Ticket-cost field, click it to find out the multi-ticket rebates (managed by Ingenpool).
- 3- Hit the padlock in section 10, and start taking registrations as usual (unless already listed from previous week). The players you add are those participating in the contest. Selecting any player in the roster list opens his card at the bottom, enter the # of ticket(s) purchased in the "Break & Run Ticket" field. Ingenpool will show the $ owed in "Total Fee" (If a player is not participating on a specific week, you may leave his name on the list, and simply change the # of ticket to 0).
- 4- Once the tickets sale is complete, you are ready to hit "Draw" at the bottom-center, and generate the winning tickets. Hit "Show" and close the set-up windows. Note: a player can only win ONE winning spot, regardless of the # of tickets purchased, but the more purchased, the better the chance of being in the winning range, and higher on the list. If a player buys tickets, but doesn't show up for the contest, re-open settings and drop his tickets to zero (the pot will be reduced by the refunded ticket value). If the draw already took place, this will improve the remaining player's position accordingly.
- 5- Run the contest, enter the contestant winnings, which will reduce the remaining pot, and add comments in the blog section (optional). When the contest is complete, hit the "Print" icon to keep & post a record of how the contest has unfolded, including the status of the remaining pot.
- 6- To prepare for the following week, re-open the setup window, hit the padlock in section-10 to unlock the options. Select "No" in section 8 to clear all tickets purchased, and reset the contest. Change the dates in section-1 to the next context, return section-8 to "Yes and you are ready to repeat from step-2 above on contest night.
Only advanced users should attempt to customize the Matrix with different values. Select menu "Tool"-"Open Data Directory" and rename the file "NAPASkillMatrix.txt" to "SkillMatrix.txt", close Ingenpool and open the file "SkillMatrix.txt" with Notepad to make your modifications. Each line has 3 fields; 1-the stronger player level, 2-the level difference between the two players, and 3-the resulting race. Compare these fields to the on-screen NAPA table to understand how they relate to the table. Ingenpool reads these fields from top-to-bottom until it finds a match, so you must ensure to keep the same format. If you want to reset and return to the original table, delete the file "SkillMatrix.txt" file and restart Ingenpool, the file "NAPASkillMatrix.txt" will be regenerated. As usual, don't hesitate to contact us if you need help.
Click here to download a collection of .jpeg background images for use with the Round-Robin format. You can also select any image on your PC. The selected image will stretch to fill the entire Round-Robin area, so select a quality high-resolution image or picture corresponding to your monitor resolution.
They are all standalone stats. Some at team level, others at individual level. "Team points + Overall" refers to the total rounds won by each team (based on total Ball points of each round), + 1 additional evening point awarded to the team with the highest overall ball points for the evening (always including handicaps). Feats are also a standalone individual compilation, and some organization will have a special "Bonus" prize at the end of the season for each categories. There are no right and wrong in the way prizes are awarded. In our opinion the "cumulative ball-points" is the most significant value and best represents the team effort during the season. Followed by the cumulative team points + overall, which represents the best effort by rounds with a 1 bonus point for the overall evening. Finally, the team's best game/win ratio for rewarding the teams at a game's won level. You may have prizes for each categories, but keep in mind that the "cumulative ball points" leaders will most likely lead in other categories (but not necessary).
Ensure you have a valid # in the "Cell #" field in the database. The "Texting" checkmark next to it must be "checked", you must have a valid carrier in the field right below the cell # (select "Auto-Detect" and Ingenpool will fill-in the carrier for you). You must also have a valid email address in menu "Setup"-"Organization Info".
As of version 126.96.36.199, select the option "Auto-detect" and Ingenpool will fill-in the carrier for you.
This is due to a security issue on Windows 7 and up. 1. Right click the file and select 'Properties', 2. Click Unblock.
As of version 3.0.9.X, the races are adjusted using the main bracket window for a more intuitive & visual approach, and accommodate the new "Modified" formats. This applies to both the default settings, and tournament-specific settings. To adjust the races, first load either a simulation or a live tourney. A Racing-Horses icon will then show at the top-right of the main bracket window. Click the icon to reveal the race adjustments controls for the format currently loaded. If a valid tournament is open, you’ll have the option to apply the changes to this tournament only, and/or also update the defaults value for the format. When a new tournament is created, these default race values will automatically be loaded. When first installing Ingenpool, the defaults are initialized to Race-to-3 for all formats.
You can run multiple brackets at the same time by starting multiple instances of Ingenpool. You just need to be careful during registrations since all instances feed from the same database of players. Don't register the same player in 2 different simultaneous events!
As of version 188.8.131.52, player's alias can no longer be changed afterwards. This restriction was introduced to eliminate synchronization issues resulting from using different data path not always accessible. It ensures proper player's history and points-compilation. The alias is the unique identifier of a player. Older versions were scanning all directories to update all closed tournaments with the new alias, but if the database was kept on a network or USB stick, the player's older alias was no longer linked. If you really want to change an alias, create a new player record, preferably at the beginning of a new season, and keep a manual record of both alias, keeping control of the situation.
There are no plan to make a Mac version of IngenPool in short term. But many Mac users are successfully running it under a window emulation.
The IngenPool V3.0 skill range is from 1 to 10 to comply with major associations. The built-in IngenPool handicap tables are using this skill rating to set races & handicaps between players, and prepare score cards. If you are using a different range system, see the detailled handicap summary below to properly translate your rating to the IngenPool equivalent when entering players in your database.
You may choose to display the alternative player's ranking value (from the "Ranking" database field) instead of the skill-level. Keep in mind that the "Ranking" value is NOT linked to any handicap-table, does NOT affect any sorting by skill-level function, and is STRICKLY informational. Furthermore, unlike the skill-level, the Rank is fetched directly from the database and is NOT stored in the tournament file, so the value displayed is always the player's current rank. A maximum of 5 characters is allowed for the ranking value.
For new unrated players; statistics show that 69% of male pool players are Skill Level 4 and higher, while 78% of female are Skill Level 3 and below.
To increase or reduce the bracket font-size, left or right click the Font-icon at the top-right of the table column.
If you feel that you still have difficulty reading the names on the bracket, try going in "Settings and Defaults" and select option 1 to 5 or C (custom) instead of the G1,2,3,4 option for bracket graphics.
IngenPool Pro V3
Your data (players, tournaments and Hall setup) are stored in the "Application Data" folder of the currently logged user. To access the folder, select menu "Tool"-"Open Data Directory". You can then copy the content of the directory, either for back-up or porting to a new computer.
To re-install IngenPool Pro on a new computer, follow these steps;
- Download the most recent version of "Ingenpool Pro" from this link: http://www.budtour.com/download/ipool300.zip
- Unzip the install file "IpoolSetup.exe", and run it to install IngenPool-Pro on the new computer.
- Run the new instance of Ingenpool to create the required "Application Data" directory structure.
- Select menu "Tool"-"Open Data Directory" to access the newly created "Data" directory.
- Shut down Ingenpool, delete the content of the "Data" directory and paste the data copied from the old computer.
- Restart IngenPool.
If you are a registered user, you will need to send us the new ID# (1 or 2 letter followed by 8 digits) located at the top right of the main bracket window, and we'll send you an updated key. But don't worry about being without a tool since the 5 demo credits will automatically reset during the new installation. NOTE: Your old ID# will be de-activated within 10 days.
The process for V2.3 is basically the same, except that the data are stored in the folder "ingpool23" of "Application Data" (C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\ingpool23\Data) V2.3 does not have a shortcut to open the "Data" directory so you'll have to browse to it using My Computer.
If you are a registered user, you will need to send us the new ID# located in menu "Tour Credit-"Credit and Registration" (1 letter followed by 8 digits) and we'll send you an updated key. But don't worry about being without a tool since the 5 demo credits will automatically reset during the new installation.
The player database DOES accept picture (with a valid membership). And you only need to insert a player's picture once in his database record (whenever they supply it to you, either by email, USB stick, etc.) The pic will then follow automatically on any tournament they register to, and will also show online when the tournament is published.
To insert a picture to a database record, just call up the record, hit "Get picture" and locate where the pic is saved, then you may hit the "Crop Picture" button if you want to fine tune the portion of the pic to use. Hit the "Update" button and that's all there is. Some may prefer to supply Avatars, Cartoon characters, whatever they want to use to identify themselves.
Keep in mind that since the picture on file at the time of WEB-upload is stored with the tourney, the same player may be represented by one picture on one tourney, and with a different one on another more recent tourney. To refresh the WEB player's picture on any tournament, simply re-upload the tournament and the current picture on file will replace the old one.
You may also display the player's country flag instead of photo, see the option in "Defaults and Settings".
In V2.3, one could buy 10 credits at a time for $19.95, or get a full registration @ $39.95 and have unlimited credits. In V3.0 you can no longer buy credits, you can only get a full registration with unlimited credit. Note that for both versions, even if registered, there may be cases where the licence key needs to be updated, which mostly occurs when changing computer or following a disk failure. Updating a license in those cases is quick and free, and you are not left without the tool since the demo-credit count resets automatically when this happens, leaving you plenty of time to get your updated licence key. A membership will provide added features, including player's pic, online bracket publishing and player history recording, but does not limit any regular function.
When a licence key update is required, send us a quick email with the new ID# (following a re-install). The ID# is locate at the top right of the main bracket window in V3.0, and in menu "Tour Credit"-"Credit and Registration" of V2.3. The ID# is composed of 1 letter followed by 8 digits.
You can use any image as a background behind the brackets. To select an image, go in "Settings and Defaults" (in menu Setup) and select the last option "Custom" from the drop-down background list. A small "File Dialog" icon will appear, click to select an image. The image will "tile", meaning it will be repeated horizontaly and vertically until the whole background is filled. The image is not stored in between session, so if you close and re-start IngenPool, you will need to repeat the steps above.
The Calcutta payouts are calculated as a percentage of the total wage going to prices. So you first set the "Prize allotment VS total wage" in the bottom center window. Then this allotment gets divided based on the payouts table shown at the bottom left. The payout table itself can be edited in the same fashion as the tournament payouts, just hit the edit button right below it.
Using 'My Computer' locate the sub-directory 'Data' where IngenPool 2.3 is installed (it contains the V2.3 database file 'Player.plr'). Then from V3.0, select 'menu 'Tool' - 'Import V2.3 Database', hit 'Manual Search' and select the 'Data' directory you've just located. Once selected, you will get the message 'Ready to Import', then hit 'Import Data'. Note that this operation will overwrite any existing V3.0 records.
If you have difficulty locating your current V2.3 database file "Player.plr" for importing into V3.0, the problem may be due to the fact that Vista and Window 7 may have created an unaccessible virtual directory where the file resides. To go around this security feature, download an updated version of IngenPool V2.3 at the link below. Re-install on your PC in the same directory where IngenPool V2.3 is currently installed. Run it, choose menu "Setup"-"Open Data Directory" and you will see the famous "player.plr" file. Copy it and paste it somewhere easily accessible, then re-start the IngenPool V3.0 import process.
In the database window, just click on the column header, where it says "Player Name" or "Alias", to sort the grid alphabetically. You can also use the search feature to find a record.
IngenPool is targetting what is called a "Niche" market. A specialized field where demand is relatively low compare to a generic software in use by individuals. This specialized-market status can drive the cost of licencing a product ridiculously high, compromising affordability for many small organizations. In order to continue offering IngenPool at a very low registration fee, a membership has been implemented for "Online" and "Advanced" features. Power users and larger organizations can access these advanced features through an annual membership of $49.95. The membership includes access to the following advanced features;
Ability to enter picture of players in the database. These pictures are then used throughout the whole tournament cycle to positively identify players at different stage of the tourney and on the Web;
- While viewing Database records.
- On the dispatch window when calling players to the table.
- On the bracket screen when right-clicking players.
- In Tourney setup on the player's detailled card.
- On the printed scorecard for both competitor.
- While viewing player's history in Calcutta Mgr.
- Winner window once a tournament is completed.
- On the Web when the Tourney is published (more detail below)
Recording of player's performance history. At the end of each Tournament, IngenPool will log the results of all matches in the player's record. Who was the opponent, player's level, final race results & scores, computed level variation. This information is extremely useful to manage player skill level change and during a Calcutta auction.
Publishing of tournament bracket to the web and other various tourney info. A unique link ID is generated when a Tourney is published to the web. This link shows at the top left of the bracket window and on the printed flyer. Anyone, anywhere, at any moment can use this link to follow the Tourney progression on the Web and get match results (along with player's picture). This upload feature is also usefull in advertising upcoming tournaments. The tournament database at budtour.com will soon be backed up by a handy search engine allowing anyone to keep up to date with upcoming tourney and location. All you need to upload a tournament, regardless of status (upcoming-in progress-completed), is a valid connection and the hit of a button. As of V184.108.40.206 you may now include the brackets on your own website using the <iframe> link option in menu "Tool". Please check the new forum board "WEB Publishing" for answer to any questions regarding WEB Publishing.
Avoid delays by text messaging players on their mobile phone when their assigned match is coming up. Text-Messaging a player is part of the managing context menu and is only one click away.
Note that a free 60 days trial membership is included with all IngenPool registrations, allowing you to test the advanced features. Should you decide to continue your membership after the 60 days trial, select menu "Help" - "Membership" and hit the "Renew your membership" link. You will be taken to the Membership page at budtour.com with the required info automatically transmitted. Renewals are for 1 full year beginning at the end of any existing membership, including the 60 days trial. Memberships Payments are processed securely by PayPal - We never see or store your credit card details. You do not need a PayPal account - it's just slightly quicker if you already have one (as your name/address will be pre-filled when you login to your PayPal account). If you have an internet connection, your membership renewal will automatically be logged in by IngenPool the first time you successfully connect to budtour.com. Otherwise, for those without internet, a code is also provided by email, which can be manually entered by following the menu "Help" - "Membership".
The best way to register is to start IngenPool from the PC where IngenPool will be used, go to menu "Demo Credits:" sub-menu "Registration" and hit the link "Click here to register online...". This will take you to our website, passing along the information we need to issue your license key. If you access the Web registration page directly from budtour.com, you must manually enter the ID# located at the top-right of the main bracket window. This ID# starts with 2 letters followed by 8 digits. We accept credit card payment via Paypal.
Note that your registration includes a 60 days free trial membership to access the advanced features. Your Username and Password will be sent with your license code. For safety you should add email@example.com to your address book to ensure your license key doesn't get trapped by your Spam filter. There may be a couple of hours delay in sending your license code via email as a live person must create & update your account accordingly. Once you receive your license key, instructions will be included on where to enter the code. If you do not have Internet access, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is most likely due to the fact that your display setting is not set to normal size (96DPI). To change this, go to display properties, settings, advance, and change the DPI setting to 96 (normal).
If you want to have a common note printed at the bottom of ALL tournament scorecards, click the "Additional Tourney Info" link in section 10 of tournament setup. Then enter your text in the last field (maximum 250 characters). This text will then print at the bottom of ALL scorecards.
To enter a note to be printed only to the scorecard of a specific match, right-click the match in the bracket and select "Enter Match Comment". This will print right below the header with the prefix "MANAGER COMMENT:"
If you install the following free app from Microsoft, you should have a new printing option besides your default printer. http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/xps/viewxps.mspx Once installed, selecting the "XPS writer" printer option will save the current bracket as a portable XPS file.
The same result can be achieved using the more popular PDF writer. Note that the same applies for any of the reports generated by IngenPool.
If you receive the error "Unable to find an entry point named 'AddFontMemResourceEX' in DLL 'Gdi32.dll' " on startup, you are most likely using OS Window 98 which is not compatible with IngenPool V3.0
V3.0 is not compatible with pre-XP OS, and the file 'Gdi32.dll' cannot be upgraded on Window 98 without causing other system issues.
The Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later is required to run IngenPool Pro 3.0. The .NET Framework is a software component added to the Microsoft Windows operating system. If you have Microsoft Windows Vista or Window 7 on your computer, the .NET Framework is already installed. If you have XP, the framework is most likely already installed from automatic updates. Otherwise the .Net Framework can be downloaded from Microsoft.com.
As of Version 220.127.116.11, a full set of Modified/EURO bracket format is available. Each with various options to fine-tune the format to exactly what you need.
The bracket size, 16 32 64 or 128 is automatically selected by Ingenpool based on the number of players, but the number of players returning from the loser-side is up to you. These options become available as the Roster increases. The additional "Extended" option adds 1 level of play. It does this by sending the last defeated players from the winner-side to the loser side, for a chance to return to the right-side. Without this option, they would be eliminated, and the last players on the loser-side would move to the right-side without any additional match. The Extended option is normally used when the registrations count is as shown below, but it is ultimately your decision to use it or not. All this may sound confusing at first, but use the simulator to experiment and you will quickly understand the various bracket flows at your disposition.
- less than 97 players on a 128 bracket
- less than 49 players on a 64 bracket
- less than 25 players on a 32 bracket
- less than 13 players on a 16 bracket
The "Tour-Stat Compiler" in menu "Tool" should be use for that. Ensure all tournament-files are properly categorized in folders, corresponding to seasons or year. Start the compiler, adjust the points at the right, and you'll get a players list in the bottom window with points accumulated for the period/folder selected. Normally the higher the ranking in a tournament, the more points accumulated towards qualification, but If you only want to count 1 point for participation in a tournament, regardless of final position, set all points to 1. You can export the listing to HTML using the "To HTML" link at the top right of the listing. This is the best and quickest way to publish qualification progress for players during the season.
If, for any reasons, you need to re-start a tournament from scratch, go in menu "Set-up" and select "Return Tourney to Pre-draw status". This action will be followed by a confirmation since it deletes all actions since the draw and returns the tournament to Set-up status. Use this option if you need to change formats, something went wrong, or you simply need to return the tourney to set-up for any reasons.
Your setting files may be corrupted. If you are running version 18.104.22.168 or higher (find out in menu "About"), go in menu "Setup"-"Settings and Defaults" and double-click the lamp above the chalk board on the left. This will reset your local settings back to Ingenpool's defaults. For older versions, go in menu "Tool"-"Open Data Directory" and delete file "settingpro.rnd" then restart Ingenpool.
A monitor at 1920 x 1080 resolution, in portrait mode, and the bracket in condensed mode.